Heavenly Honey Remedies for Stressful Conditions
A tablespoon of ginseng elixir every day before breakfast or a cup of ginseng and honey in water will relax the nerves and help in the recovery of any damage to the nervous system, in preparation for the pressures of the day ahead.
1 tsp powdered ginseng
1 tsp honey
1 cup hot water
1. Mix the ginseng and honey together, then add the hot water.
2. Allow to stand for 1 minute before drinking.
Reach for the honey instead of a chocolate bar if you are running out of steam. The fructose and glucose in honey are easily digested and will give a rapid boost. Try a spoonful of honey before a gym workout. After an hard workout, refuel with a banana and honey sandwich.
These can be an embarrassing symptom of menopause, lasting months and sometimes years. The face flushes in color followed by drenching sweat and an aftermath of cold and clamminess. It can be relieved by wearing light clothes and keeping a flow of air through the house of office. Regular drinks of this mix can relieve symptoms, and the sage content can help with excess sweating and the rebalancing of hormones.
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried angelica
4 cups water
1. Put the honey, lemon juice, sage and agelica in a pan with the water. Bring to a boil and simmer over a low heat for 5-10 minutes. Leave to cool.
2. Strain and pour the mixture into a bottle. Refrigerate until needed then drink regularly to relieve the symptoms.
This tonic will lift the spirits and energy levels according to traditional Chinese medicine. The following infusion, to be taken as needed, will stimulate the circulatory system, increase the efficiency of the body’s blood and lymph flow and increase the feeling of wellbeing.
4 cups cider vinegar or herbal tea of choice
1 tbsp finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tsp grated horseradish
1 tbsp honey
1. Mix the cider vinegar, the chopped onion, garlic, ginger, jalapeno pepper, horseradish and honey in a saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Cool, strain and store in the refrigerator.